Monday 10 November 2014

I Wore A Fake Ring To Chase Women Away, Actor Confesses

Yomi Fash-Lanso opened up about wearing a fake wedding ring for years and his relationship with his wife.

Nollywood actor, Yomi Fash-Lanso is a hit with the ladies and the star has confessed that because of this he had to wear a fake wedding ring for years.

Yomi opened up in an interview with Punch on being scandal-free and his relationship with his wife.
Excerpts below:

Have you always wanted to be an actor?
Yes. I didn’t just stumble on it. I grew up with my brothers and cousins and going to the cinemas was the in-thing then. We had passion for such. They used to carry me to the cinemas then because I was very small. From that stage, I developed the passion and I knew that I would join the profession and be like one of the people I saw. Along the way, I developed myself by studying film- making. I read books on film-making and I also went to seminars and workshops related to the field before I eventually came into the field in 1995. I really trained myself over the years.

But how do you cope with scandals?
Film-making comes with a lot of razzmatazz because you are in the spotlight. You have to be very careful of what you do and where you go and how you talk. What you do on set is not who you are in real life. You have to separate the two characters. What gives most of us problems is that we cannot separate the two characters. I am not a singer, I am an actor. The way you see me on set is certainly different from the way you see me in real life. Because of that, I have been able to live a life without scandal.

So how were you able to settle with one as your wife?
I had made up my mind to get married when I saw her. The normal process of ‘how are you’ started and she responded. I ‘toasted’ her. After my analysis of her character, I felt she was the lady I should spend my life with. I didn’t tell her but I prayed to God and told Him I would want the lady to be my wife and He did it. We have been together for 10 years.

You must have dated so many people before you got married?
When you talk about marriage, it is all about emotions. Because I knew I wasn’t ready for marriage, I went and bought a wedding band and started wearing it so that ladies would think I was married. I wore that band for many years. I would meet a girl and tell her I liked her and when she asked about my wife, I would tell her my wife was abroad.
 If she wouldn’t mind, we would date. If another girl saw us together, that one would be wondering if the girl was my wife. It made life easier for us. I wasn’t ready for marriage then. I knew marriage was a different thing and I didn’t want to make mistakes. I ran away from girls then because they were just too ready for marriage while I wasn’t. They would tell me their father was ready and that we should get married but I just didn’t want because I wanted to be the man, I wanted to be the head of the home.

Are there movies you featured in that you regretted being a part of it?
Yes, so many of them. That is why I talk about sentiments. Friends may call you to come and feature in their movies. When you tell them that the script is not tight, they would beg you to just ‘manage.’ For the sake of friendship, you would want to do it but deep inside you, you would know you shouldn’t have done such movie. I thank God that a lot of good movies overshadowed those ones.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment