Monday 10 November 2014

Actor Says He Can Play Gay Roles

 Yoruba Nollywood actor, Femi Adebayo has said that he would obey the call of duty if asked to play a gay role.

Yoruba Nollywood actor, Femi Adebayo has said that he would obey the call of duty if asked to play a gay role.

Femi, whose father is veteran actor known as “Oga Bello” also spoke about the craziest thing a fan has ever done to him and also the likelihood of a career in politics.

The “Jelili” star opened up in an interview with Vanguard. Excerpts below:
How has your dad influenced your choice of acting as a career?

Well, the question of my dad influencing my acting career could have a ‘no’ and a ‘yes’ answer. A ‘yes’ in the sense that when I was very young I watched his movies a lot and liked them.

At a point I had a feeling I would do what he is doing when I become a man. But along the line I fell in love with law and decided to become a lawyer. My dad never directly influenced any choice I made. 

Whatever my choices are in life, he is always there to give me his utmost support. When I decided to study law he was with me all the way and when I chose acting he didn’t object either.

What is the craziest thing a fan has done to you?
(Laughs) Ah, she jumped on me, kissed me and told me that she had promised herself that whenever she sees me she was going to do that to me. Fortunately, I was with my wife that day and I told her I was sorry and she said it was okay. It’s one of those anxious moments of our job. Before the fan left she apologised to me and to my wife

Can you act a gay role?
Why not? I can play any role given to me. I don’t have restrictions, as a good actor I must be able to interpret any script given to me. After all it is make-believe, it has nothing to do with who you really are. For an instance, I am a Muslim but I have had to play the role of a pastor many times over.

 Do you see yourself going into politics?
Well, my acting career is God’s calling so if God tells me to go into that too, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment